Program Book Ads
Hotel & City Center Floor Plan
Scheduled Performers: Please review this entire page.
If you have questions, contact: _
or call:(518) 384-3275, Or contact our
, Peter Davis.
PERFORMER APPLICATION -- CLOSED for 2015
*Scheduled* Performers: If you need to make changes to your application, and need help, contact Flurry Info at the number and/or email at the top of the page.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND NEEDS:
We accept a certain amount of performers from the online applications, and others are recruited by our program director and planning committee.
NEW APPLICATION REQUIRED EACH YEAR (to keep our records updated).
TYPE OF EVENTS & INSTRUCTION WE OFTEN LOOK FOR:
- Create only ONE online Account (you as the contact person). Verify your email address, then return, sign in, and fill out the Contact Info page.
- Add your Group or Solo Performer(s) only ONCE on the Group page (do not make duplicates). Then go to Session page (do NOT enter Session information into the Group/Performer page).
- Create (one-by-one) several session proposals for EACH group or solo performer/instructor. (Please do not lump several session descriptions into one session form. Each session idea must have it's own form with title, description, event level and type, time needed, and other necessary information.)
- Submit your application. If any error messages appear, please fix them, and resubmit. Questions, contact: 518-384-3275
- DANCE BANDS for contra & squares (note: contra/square bands are full for 2015), swing, blues, Latin, English Country, Celtic, French-Canadian, Cajun, Zydeco, American and international folk dances (i.e. Indian, Middle Eastern, European, African, Chinese, Russian, etc.)
- DANCE INSTRUCTORS/LEADERS for contra, square, swing, Latin, English Country, Celtic, French-Canadian, Cajun, Zydeco, International folk dance, etc.
- Hands-on WORKSHOPS - "how to's" in different dance genres, music & instrument instruction (string, percussion, wind instruments), vocal/singing instruction, storytelling, body movement (yoga, improv), etc.
- FAMILY/CHILD, and TEEN-oriented sessions in dance, music, storytelling, singing, body movement, concerts, performances.
- PRESENTATIONS/DEMOS of traditional music, song, dance, instruments. (We expect performers to be willing to share time in some demo/style sessions.)
- CONCERTS/PERFORMANCES/GROUP SINGS for general audience, and/or children/family.
- MUSIC JAMS for various styles such as Irish, Old-Time, English country, Cajun, contra tunes, French-Canadian, blues, swing, jug band, etc.
SCHEDULES* -- GROUP & INDIVIDUAL
(Schedule subject to change -- check back before the festival for updates to your schedule.)
Band/Group Leaders -- You are responsible for telling all your group members the dates, times and locations they are to perform.
You may review all sessions for a Group (includes any group member(s) performing w/o the rest of the group - i.e. workshop, or with another group's session), or review Individual schedules.
Also available is a listing of all Sessions, with descriptions and sorted by venue, date-time, or Title.
Go to: Group & Individual Schedules online
* If you need to make changes concerning your schedule, contact the
PRINT YOUR SCHEDULE -- using your browser's "print" command.
Scheduled performers traveling from out of the area may be housed either in a local hotel or in local residents' homes. If you can stay with friends or relatives in the area, it will help us. Let us know if this is the case. Performers will be notified of their housing assignments well in advance of the festival, and may be specified in the contract. Actual housing assignment will be made about a month before the festival. Please contact the _
_ with any questions about housing.
STAGE PLOT DIAGRAMS
You MUST use the Flurry's Stage Plot form and notations, if one is required.
If we need a Stage Plot Diagram for you or your band, we will SEND you the form to fill out and return, usually with your contract.
With 15 min changeovers between dances, we need to use the same form for each group (rather than figure out specific notations on everyone's own plot diagrams).
If you receive a stage plot, please read the instructions, fill out the form and return it promptly (with your contract, if sent at the same time).
PERFORMER SALES MERCHANDISE
A Festival Sales Table is provided as a service to our scheduled performers, where they may offer merchandise -- cds, dvds, tapes, music books.
Please read the Performer Sales Instruction Letter thoroughly (see link below).
In it you will find:
• how to fill out the Inventory Sales Form
• Inventory Check-In and Check-Out times
• Festival pricing requirements
• Product REGISTRATION Number and pre-festival sticker information
Please use our Sales Inventory Form to list all your items and prices for each.
Fill it out (either editable .pdf file, or print/mail form). DEADLINE -- February 6, 2015.
Timely return of your Sales Form helps the process go quickly, from product check in, to the time you collect your items and sales funds. (You can pre-sticker your product. See Instructions for details.)
Contact our _
, or call (518) 399-3010.
Download Performer Sales Instructions
Download Sales Inventory Form --NOTE: Form is editable pdf format -- download & save w/your name in subject line, then fill out saved form, save again so you keep a copy, and email the filled in form to the email address on the form.
(If printing the form on paper, be sure to have printer set on "landscape" format. Mail to address on the form.)
PROGRAM BOOK ADS
We offer ad space in our Program Book at a discount for scheduled festival performers.
All ads must be black & white, camera-ready copy, and be received by January 5, 2015.
View Sample Ad Sizes, then fill out an Ad Form and mail your request and payment.
Download 2015 Performer Ad Form
arriving at the festival
HOTEL & cITY CENTER FLOOR PLAN / VENUES LIST
Review the Saratoga Hilton and City Center floor plan to familiarize yourself with the Festival layout for ticket/check-in locations, dance halls, workshop rooms, etc. (Events in Meeting Rm. 2 are on second floor, off the City Center Lobby.)
See: Saratoga Hilton/City Center Floor Plan
View Festival Venues (venue addresses, photos, descriptions)
Please arrive EARLY, as parking can be difficult to find. Hilton Hotel parking charges a fee. City Center Parking lot (behind City Center) is free. Both are off Maple Ave (turn from Broadway onto Ellsworth Jones Place at the City Center, and then left onto Maple Ave (behind City Center). City Center lot is on the right, Hotel entrance is just up the street on the left. Public Parking lots and street parking locations can be found on the PARKING/VENUE MAP on the DIRECTIONS page.
The city WILL TOW CARS that are illegally parked. You must obey any snow emergency regulations during bad weather, or any signs on streets with alternate day parking. The Flurry Festival, its organizers and/or the DanceFlurry Organization are not responsible for towed cars or parking fines.
(See Also -- "Unloading" section, below.)
Located in the City Center Lobby. Sign in at Performer Sign-in Table to pick up your wristband (this is your ticket) and Name Tag. Your wristband MUST be worn at ALL TIMES during the festival to allow you to enter rooms where you are performing. Your Guest (one per performer) must check-in at the Performer Check-In table, sign their name, and wear their wristband/ticket at all times.
Loading areas are not for long-term parking (10 min time limit, please). Please check for and obey parking signs. Vehicles left beyond the allowable time limits may be towed.
• Hotel Main Entrance "circle," via parking lot entrance off Maple Ave. This is a Fire Lane. Do NOT leave your car parked her while you perform.
• Front of the Hotel on Broadway (pull-in area)
• Loading dock behind City center. (for large bands, etc.)
• City Center pull-in on Ellsworth Jones Place. This is also the Shuttle Bus pickup spot. Please use other loading areas, if possible. Do not block the bus pickup area on Saturday. 10 min. limit.
Assistance available -- unloading/loading: Our Setup staff and volunteers will be available at the door of the City Center to help you unload when you arrive. Ask for help at the INFO TABLE in the City Center lobby. If you need assistance to move equipment from one venue to another, please let us know when you check in.
SALES TABLE -- CHECK-IN MERCHANDISE
If you did not send in a list of itemized merchandise before the festival (see "Performer Sales" above), you MUST bring a copy of an itemized list with you with item descriptions, prices, etc. PLEASE REMOVE ANY OLD PRICE STICKERS from your inventory.
FRIDAY 4PM-11:30PM -- MERCHANDISE CHECK-IN is located in the Hilton Hotel Boardroom, down the hall to the LEFT of the Hotel Lobby Desk (as you face the desk), just before instrument check-in.
SATURDAY 9AM-12:30PM -- Bring merchandise to the Festival Sales table, in Hotel Gallery, across from Hotel Lobby stairway.
Instruments ONLY. Available for all musicians attending the Flurry (not just performers). Sorry, no coats, boots, luggage, food, etc., due to space issues.
PLEASE -- NO eating, sleeping or practice sessions in the instrument room.
** NEW LOCATION: Saratoga Hilton Hotel, off lower lobby -- behind the Performer Sales area (old "High Rock" room).
Access to the left of the Performer Sales / DFO tables, near the Restaurant hallway.
Click Here for Check-In RULES and tips.
Instrument Check Hours:
Friday: 4pm - 12:30am
Saturday: 9am - 12:30am
Sunday: 9am - 6:30pm
There is no designated "practice area" or "green room" at the Festival. DO NOT use INSTRUMENT CHECK or the QUIET ROOM for practice, please! If you or one of your band mates is staying at the Hilton Hotel, please use your room as a practice area. (No playing in hotel rooms, upper hallways, or stairwells after 10pm). We understand pre-session tune-ups and rehearsals are necessary, but our space is very limited. If you find a spot to prepare for your session, we ask that you do not disturb any nearby workshop sessions (sound bleeds through closed doors). Please, no playing in the Workshop hallways (hotel fire code).
PERFORMER & VOLUNTEER HOSPITALITY (Wedge Room)
The Wedge Room is located behind the main ticket sales table in the City Center lobby, and is open only during City Center hours. This room is closed to the public. YOU MUST WEAR YOUR FESTIVAL Performer NAME TAG AND WRISTBAND to enter this area.
The Wedge Room offers Performers/Volunteers/Staff:
Return To Top
- 8a.m. - Coffee and bagels Saturday and Sunday morning -- until we run out. Cooking appliances are NOT allowed in this area. (Lunch and dinner may be found at either the Hotel Buffet, City Center Snack Shack, Vendors in City Center Lobby, Hotel Restaurant (off Hilton Gallery) or in restaurants and cafes in Saratoga along Broadway and side streets within walking distance from the City Center. See Program Book Ads for dining locations)
- An area for coats and boots, at your own risk -- please keep important personal items with you or in your room. The DanceFlurry Organization, Festival or City Center are not responsible for items left in the Wedge Room, or anywhere in any Festival venue.
- A curtained area for costume changes -- let our Program Director know if you require space for costume changes. Please -- do not use the changing area for rehearsals.