Thank you to all who have volunteered to help this year!
We couldn't have done it without you!
Applications for Flurry 2015 open in late fall.
Volunteers receive a full-festival weekend ticket in return for either:
• working 6 hrs during the Festival weekend
-- OR --
• 8 hrs before, or 8 hrs after the Festival weekend.
If a crew listed below does not appear on the online form, it may be full.
FESTIVAL CREWS & DEFINIATIONS
PLEASE SHOW UP FOR YOUR SCHEDULED TIMES -- "NO-SHOWS" CREATE LOGISTICAL PROBLEMS.
- Advance Tickets: Processing (Pre-Festival) -- Process Advance Discount Tickets at crew chief's home near St. Peter's Hospital. MUST be computer and Microsoft EXCEL proficient, and able to work weeknights and Sunday mornings
- Advance Tickets: Pickup (At Festival) -- After reviewing ID and/or proof of age, releases ticket Wristband to purchaser at ticket pick-up table. Assists with putting wristband on ticket purchaser. A minimum shift of 2 hours on Friday evening is required.
- DFO Membership Table -- Hand out information about DanceFlurry Organization.
- Festival Sales -- Register experience helpful; will train. Sell items at Fest. Sales Table
- Flooring -- Physical work: Laying floor before festival, and taking up floor immediately after.
- Information/ Vol. & Perf. Check-In -- People-friendly; handle info, sign-in table, Lost & Found
- Instrument Check -- Some physical work; tag/check-in instruments, maintain "safe room"
- Keyboard/Sound Equipment -- Periodic movement of keyboards/equipment from venue to venue and workshop rooms during the festival. Should be knowledgable about digital keyboards and basic electronics.
- Lighting -- Pre/Post festival set and strike of lighting equipment in Melita Ballroom. Must have basic knowledge of electrical circuitry, ability to lift 25lbs over head and be comfortable working on step-ladders.
- Lost & Found -- Maintain Lost & Found bins during Flurry. Collect leftover items after festival, sort and box up. Must be available 6:00-8:30 PM Sunday night.
- On-Site Tickets -- Processing at-door sales. Sales register use helpful, will train.
- Raffles -- Ticket sales at festival: outgoing/friendly, able to approach people about purchase.
- Runner -- On-call helper at festival, wherever needed to run errands for staff, performers, etc.
- Setup/Cleanup -- Pre- and post-festival set-up and tear-down. Physical work. - 8hrs pre-/post-festival)
- Shadow: Program Director -- Director's personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Shadow: Admin. Director -- Director's personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Signs -- Make & hang posters/signs at festival, both before and during event
- Site Services -- Check wristbands at dance and workshop doors; hospitality, "crowd control"
- Stage/Sound -- Stage setup and/or sound board experience helpful; work with Stage Manager
- Workshop Rooms -- Physical work: move chairs, tables, etc; Event "time-keepers"
If you are scheduled and cannot come, or cannot work your shift, you MUST notify your crew chief, immediately, so we can replace you beforehand.
If you received a Flurry ticket (wristband), but do not work your shifts, you will be asked to pay for your ticket.
If you have purchased a ticket, and then work as a volunteer, your ticket cost will be reimbursed.
Please fill out form only ONCE. We cannot guarentee placement on a any crew.
You will be notified if placed or not.
[ Sorry, Application is Closed for 2014 ]