Volunteer Application Not Yet Open for 2018
The Flurry Festival offers volunteers a full-weekend pass in exchange for 6-8 hours of volunteer work, either before, during, or after the Festival, depending on the crew needs.
We truly appreciate our volunteers, and thank all who apply. Though we'd like to use everyone (we need around 400!), we cannot guarantee placement for everyone, or the ability to schedule friends/family together.
We ask that Flurry Festival Volunteers:
- Be polite and courteous, as an ambassador of the Flurry
- Give full attention to your job while on duty: no dancing, sleeping, texting/phone, knitting, eating/alcohol, etc.
- Know your schedule -- contact your crew chief if you are not sure of times.
- Show up for your shifts; please be on time
- Work your FULL shift, and ALL scheduled shifts. (Late or no-shows cause logistical issues.
- If unable to work part or all of your schedule, contact your crew chief immediately).
- Be flexible in being scheduled -- we're filling nearly 400 positions.
Scheduling Note: Repeated refusals to work suggested scheduled hours from one or more crew chiefs may result in a potential volunteer being passed over for a position.
No-shows: If a volunteer picks up his/her ticket, and attends the Flurry, but does not work their scheduled times, they will be asked to pay for their ticket and will be excluded from future volunteer positions.
Selecting your Crew choice -- Crews that are full do not show on the online Volunteer Form. Potential Crews and their definitions are listed below. The Wait List will open closer to the Flurry weekend.
Listing skills -- List only if applicable. A short note will suffice ("I'm a carpenter," "worked as cashier," "sales experience," etc.
Apply only ONCE, please -- and Thank You for applying!
[ APPLICATION CLOSED UNTIL FALL 2017 ]
- Advance Tickets: Pickup (At Festival) -- After reviewing ID and/or proof of age, releases ticket Wristband to purchaser at ticket pick-up table. Assists with putting wristband on ticket purchaser. A minimum shift of 2 hours on Friday evening is required.
- Festival Sales -- Positions are: a) Pre-festival Set-up/post-festival Break-down of sales area; b) Pre- and post-festival mdse count; c) Check-in/Check-out of performer mdse; d) Sales (register); e) customer assistance/mdse management at Festival Sales table. Presently needing people for Friday (4-11pm), Saturday (8:30am-11pm) and Sunday (8:30am-8pm)! Shifts are generally in 2 to 3 hour increments for a total of 6 hrs during the festival; 8 hrs before/after the festival..
- Flooring -- Very physical work: Laying and securing wood dance floor systems before festival, and removing floors immediately after. Strong emphasis as a team effort. Familiarity with using power screwdriver desired.
- Information/Volunteer & Performer Check-In -- People-friendly. Help answer attendee questions. Check in Volunteers or Performers during festival weekend. .
- Instrument Check -- Some physical work; Tag and store instruments for musicians/performers in safe area. Last shift is often late at night (12:30am).
- Keyboard/Sound Equipment -- Periodic movement of keyboards/equipment from venue to venue and workshop rooms during the festival. Should be knowledgeable about digital keyboards and basic electronics.
- Lighting -- Pre/Post festival set and strike of lighting equipment in Melita Ballroom. Must have basic knowledge of electrical circuitry, ability to lift 25 lbs over head and be comfortable working on step-ladders.
- Lost & Found -- Maintain Lost & Found bins during Flurry. Collect leftover items after festival, sort and box up. Must be available Sunday night 9:00-11:00 PM.
- On-Site Tickets -- Help sell tickets on-site during Festival. Sales register use helpful, will train.
- Raffles -- Sell Room and Quilt Raffle tickets on-site during festival weekend. Volunteers work three shifts of two hours each over the course of the weekend.
- Runner -- Assist performers and staff during festival weekend, running errands, etc.
- Setup/Cleanup -- Physical work. Primarily pre- and post-festival set-up and tear-down. There will be some specific tasks to be done during the festival. Physical work. (8 hrs total)
- Shadow: Program Director -- Director's personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Shadow: Admin. Director -- Director's personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Signs -- Create and place signs in/around festival venues, during festival weekend.
- Site Services -- Check wristbands at event room doors, provide information and directions to Flurry participants, assist with crowd control and any other lawful request made by Flurry staff, Site Services Shift Leaders or Venue Management and Staff.
- Stage/Sound -- Help with sound setup on stages/rooms. Experience running sound boards at events a plus. Experience setting up, and breaking down bands. Must be able to move heavy objects.
- Stage Announcers -- Make public announcements from various stages during Festival weekend, as requested by Festival Administrative Director.
- Workshop Rooms -- Physical work: help set up workshop rooms for events: move chairs, tables, etc; Event "time-keepers."
- Wait List -- The "Stand-by" list of potential volunteers. Must be willing to work where needed. No placement guarantee. (If able to be called AT the Flurry for last-minute sub, please list cell number for "at Flurry" calls). We suggest you purchase an Advance Discount Ticket BEFORE THE ADVANCE TICKET DEADLINE (see ticket page), to be sure you receive discount pricing if not placed. If you purchase a ticket, and are placed as a Volunteer, you will be reimbursed for your ticket cost.