APPLICATION FORM IS OPEN
Volunteers receive a full-festival weekend ticket in return for either:
• working 6 hrs during the Festival weekend
-- OR --
• 8 hrs before, or 8 hrs after the Festival weekend.
If a crew listed below does not appear on the online form, it may be full.
(See Form Button at bottom of page.)
FESTIVAL CREWS & DEFINITIONS
PLEASE SHOW UP FOR YOUR SCHEDULED TIMES -- "NO-SHOWS" CREATE LOGISTICAL PROBLEMS.
- Advance Tickets: Processing (Pre-Festival) -- (Please include your phone and email when applying.) Process pre-festival ticket sales. *Requirements* - Microsoft Excel/Works proficiency highly desired. Crew works at private home near St. Peter's Hospital (Albany). Weekday evenings and Sunday mornings from Jan.18-Feb 8 (Eight hours total required).
- Advance Tickets: Pickup (At Festival) -- After reviewing ID and/or proof of age, releases ticket Wristband to purchaser at ticket pick-up table. Assists with putting wristband on ticket purchaser. A minimum shift of 2 hours on Friday evening is required.
- DFO Membership Table -- Hand out fliers and pertinent information to those interested in the organization and its events.
- Festival Sales -- Set-up/break-down of Sales area. Check-in/check-out of performer merchandise. Sell items at Sales table. Sales assistants/clerks (use cash register).
- Flooring -- Very physical work: Laying and securing wood dance floor systems before festival, and removing floors immediately after. Strong emphasis as a team effort. Familiarity with using power screwdriver desired.
- Information/ Vol. & Perf. Check-In -- People-friendly. Check in volunteers during festival weekend. Work at Info table to help attendees.
- Instrument Check -- Some physical work; tag and check in instruments for musicians (attendees), and performers in safe area.
- Keyboard/Sound Equipment -- Periodic movement of keyboards/equipment from venue to venue and workshop rooms during the festival. Should be knowledgeable about digital keyboards and basic electronics.
- Lighting -- Pre/Post festival set and strike of lighting equipment in Melita Ballroom. Must have basic knowledge of electrical circuitry, ability to lift 25 lbs over head and be comfortable working on step-ladders.
- Lost & Found -- Maintain Lost & Found bins during Flurry. Collect leftover items after festival, sort and box up. Must be available 6:00-8:30 PM Sunday night.
- On-Site Tickets -- Help sell tickets on-site during Festival. Sales register use helpful, will train.
- Raffles -- Sell Room and Quilt Raffle tickets on-site during festival weekend.
- Runner -- Assist performers and staff during festival weekend, running errands, etc.
- Setup/Cleanup -- Primarily pre- and post-festival set-up and tear-down. There will be some specific tasks to be done during the festival. Physical work. (8 hrs total)
- Shadow: Program Director -- Director's personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Shadow: Admin. Director -- Director's personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Signs -- Create and place signs in/around festival venues, during festival weekend.
- Site Services -- Check wristbands at event room doors, provide information and directions to Flurry participants, assist with crowd control and other requests made by Flurry staff, Site Services Shift Leaders or Venue Management and Staff.
- Stage/Sound -- Help with sound setup on stages/rooms. Experience running sound boards at events a plus. Must be able to move heavy objects.
- Workshop Rooms -- Physical work: help set up workshop rooms for events: move chairs, tables, etc; Event "time-keepers."
If you are scheduled and cannot work your shift, you MUST notify your crew chief, immediately, so we can replace you beforehand.
If you received a Flurry ticket (wristband), but do not work your shifts, you will be asked to pay for your ticket.
If you have purchased a ticket, and then get called to work as a volunteer, your ticket cost will be reimbursed.
Please fill out form only ONCE. We cannot guarantee placement on a any crew.
You will be notified if placed or not.