Q: What about Omicron?
A: Needless to say we are concerned, and will be watching carefully as the world learns more about this emerging variant in the coming weeks. It seems likely that Omicron, with its high degree of contagiousness, will establish itself in the US before long. We don’t yet know whether it produces more serious illness than previous variants, and how protective existing immunity/newly received boosters will be. We are hoping for fuller data before ticket sales open, to help us all make better-informed decisions about how to proceed. We’ll post updates here if our plans or policies change.
You have many questions about this attempt to hold an in-person event this February, and here we try our best to answer them. The answers may change throughout the fall and early winter, as the world keeps changing around us, but here we go…
Click on each question for the answer:
❄️ What do you mean by going forward provisionally? Are you holding a Flurry or not?
❄️ What would make you decide to cancel?
❄️ Requiring vaccination is reassuring, but what about breakthrough infections among the vaccinated?
❄️ I know that ventilation is an important part of Covid safety. What can you tell me about the space I’ll be dancing in?
❄️ How’s the on-site testing going to work?
❄️ And what happens if my test is positive, or I have symptoms?
❄️ What symptoms might prevent me from attending the festival?
❄️ Can I get tested in advance and show you the results instead?
❄️ Vaccination, testing, masks, symptom screening, capacity restrictions… How did you arrive at all these requirements?
❄️ I took your survey, and I’m curious about the results.
❄️ I actually expressed that holding an in-person event this year is unsafe and not responsible. Did you listen to me too?
❄️ How will you limit room capacities?
❄️ Why sell 800 tickets - is that an arbitrary number?
❄️ Can you financially support a festival with only 800 paying attendees?
❄️ Why only full-weekend tickets? What if I can only come for a day?
❄️ Can I get a cheaper ticket if I’m not going to dance?
❄️ I’ve got a room at the Hilton already. How do I make sure I can get into the festival?
❄️ I’m worried I won’t get a ticket before they sell out! What can I do?
❄️ How will I document vaccination?
❄️ Will you be requiring booster shots?
❄️ I’ve had and recovered from Covid. Do I still need to be vaccinated?
❄️ What if I can’t be vaccinated for medical reasons?
❄️ What about kids?
❄️ If I can’t come, how can I watch online?
❄️ Last year’s virtual festival was amazing! Why aren’t you doing that again?
❄️ Will I be able to get a refund if Covid gets worse / I test positive / I have symptoms / I cannot attend for some other reason?
❄️ Will I be able to resell my ticket if I’m unable to use it?
❄️ All attendees must be vaccinated - but what about venue staff and others on site?
❄️ Are all these answers set in stone?
❄️ I’ve got another question you haven’t addressed here.
❄️ I love the Flurry so, so much and want to make sure that it survives and thrives and gets back to a full-scale event as soon as it’s safe to. What can I do to help?
💖💖💖 You are a true Friend of the Flurry, and it’s times like these we need YOUR help to keep us on our feet! Here are a few ways you can contribute:
1. Donate fee-free to the Snowy Day Fund through your PayPal account, and we’ll get 100% of your contribution.
2. Join or renew membership in the DanceFlurry Organization. Your membership will support the Flurry as well as the other events we run throughout the year, along with grant and outreach programs.
***DFO members in good standing will get early access to purchasing Flurry tickets this year!***
3. If you don’t have a PayPal account, enter your donation here and choose “Donate with a credit or debit card” after you submit. We’ll pay the transaction fees.
Thank you for your support!