A year like no other means a Flurry like no other.
This February 12-14, let’s continue the tradition and gather virtually. Flurry’21: Dancing in the Cloud will include more than 100 Zoom sessions of music, dance, jam sessions, educational workshops, social hours, and much more. It will be the next best thing to being in person! Your ticket to this year’s Flurry allows entrance to it all.
We have reimagined a unique and innovative virtual Flurry weekend.
What will make this year so unique?
* Global reach. No travel for you or the presenters. Attendees and presenters can be from anywhere. Want to learn from a world-class Mongolian throat singer or an Irish step dancer from their respective native communities? This is the year to do it!
* The “crowd” is one thing that makes the Flurry so special. But this year, no crowds mean no visual or auditory distractions. You will be front-and-center for every session.
* Miss a session? Much like the in-person Flurry, you will! For Standard and Friends of the Flurry Levels (see below), you get six months’ access to archival video from most of the weekend’s sessions.
* Ensuring high-quality video and audio is a top priority. In addition to presenters’ live streaming from their homes, we will be presenting dozens of professionally-produced live streams from Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs and the Bronx Heritage Center, NY.
* All sessions are adapted to be fun for solo or quarantine pods. Let’s put the health and safety of friends and family first!
For many, this year’s Flurry will carry more weight, and it’s more important than ever that you’re there.
We are doing everything we can to foster community in a time of intense isolation. Flurry’21: Dancing in the Cloud will serve as a positive and uplifting experience during a dark time. For presenters who have lost ground on their career and income, this year’s festival represents not only an important paycheck but also hope for a brighter 2021.
Please join us!