VOLUNTEER FORM is CLOSED.
Flurry 2021 VOLUNTEER FORM opens in late-Fall of 2020.
The Flurry Festival offers a full-weekend pass in exchange for 6-8 hours of volunteer work, either before, during, or after the Festival, depending on the crew needs. Though we’d like to use everyone, we cannot guarantee placement, or the ability to schedule friends/family together.
Anyone not placed on a crew prior to the Festival weekend, is placed automatically on the Wait List, and may be called to fill vacancies, either before or during the Festival weekend.
Already have a ticket? If you have purchased a ticket and are then placed as a volunteer, your ticket cost will be reimbursed.
- Be polite and courteous, as an ambassador of the Flurry
- Give full attention to your job (no dancing, sleeping, texting/phone, eating, etc., while on duty).
- Be on time for your shifts; know your schedule. Contact your crew chief if unsure of times.
- Work your FULL shift, and ALL scheduled shifts. (Late, no-shows, or leaving early causes logistical problems).
- If unable to work part or all of your schedule, please contact your crew chief immediately.
When Applying — Be flexible with your available time. Repeated refusals to accept suggested scheduled hours from one or more crew chiefs may result in being passed over for a position.
No-shows — If you pick up your ticket and attend the Flurry, but do not work your scheduled times, you will be asked to pay for your ticket and will be excluded from future volunteer positions.
Selecting your Crew choices — Crews that are already full do not show on the online Volunteer Form. Potential Crew definitions are listed below.
Wait List opens in mid-late January. Wait List people fill positions that may open due to dropouts, illness, bad weather, or other unexpected needs — either before, or during the festival weekend.
IF SIGNING UP FOR WAIT LIST before the Advance Discount Ticket deadline — we suggest you purchase your ticket before the deadline to receive discount pricing if not placed. If your are placed on a crew after purchasing a ticket, your cost (whether discount or full-price) will be reimbursed.
Skills — List a skill only if applicable to the position. A short note will suffice (“I’m a carpenter,” “worked as cashier,” “sales experience,” etc.).
Apply only ONCE, please. One person per form — and thank you for applying!
We truly appreciate our volunteers!
FESTIVAL CREWS THAT MAY APPEAR ON FORM (not all will be available):
- Advance Tickets: Pickup (At Festival) — After reviewing ID and/or proof of age, releases ticket Wristband to purchaser at ticket pick-up table. Assists with putting wristband on ticket purchaser. A minimum shift of 2 hours on Friday evening is required.
- Festival Sales — Positions are: a) Pre-festival Set-up/post-festival Break-down of sales area; b) Pre- and post-festival mdse count; c) Check-in/Check-out of performer mdse; d) Sales (register); e) customer assistance/mdse management at Festival Sales table. Presently needing people for Friday (4-11pm), Saturday (8:30am-11pm) and Sunday (8:30am-8pm)! Shifts are generally in 2 to 3 hour increments for a total of 6 hrs during the festival; 8 hrs before/after the festival..
- Flooring — Very physical work: Laying and securing wood dance floor systems before festival, and removing floors immediately after. Strong emphasis as a team effort. Familiarity with using power screwdriver desired.
- Information/Volunteer & Performer Check-In — People-friendly. Help answer attendee questions. Check in Volunteers or Performers during festival weekend. .
- Instrument Check — Some physical work; Tag and store instruments for musicians/performers in safe area. Last shift is often late at night (12:30am).
- Keyboard/Sound Equipment — Periodic movement of keyboards/equipment from venue to venue and workshop rooms during the festival. Should be knowledgeable about digital keyboards and basic electronics.
- Lighting — Pre/Post festival set and strike of lighting equipment in Melita Ballroom. Must have basic knowledge of electrical circuitry, ability to lift 25 lbs over head and be comfortable working on step-ladders.
- Lost & Found — Maintain Lost & Found bins during Flurry. Collect leftover items after festival, sort and box up. Must be available for a few hours Sunday night after 6pm.
- On-Site Tickets — Help sell tickets on-site during Festival. Sales register use helpful, will train.
- Raffles — Sell Room and Quilt Raffle tickets on-site during festival weekend. Volunteers work three shifts of two hours each over the course of the weekend.
- Runner — Assist performers and staff during festival weekend, running errands, etc.
- Setup/Cleanup — Physical work. Primarily pre- and post-festival set-up and tear-down. There will be some specific tasks to be done during the festival. Physical work. (8 hrs total)
- Shadow: Program Director — Director’s personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Shadow: Admin. Director — Director’s personal aide; take notes, run errands
- Signs — Create and place signs in/around festival venues, during festival weekend.
- Site Services — Check wristbands at event room doors, provide information and directions to Flurry participants, assist with crowd control and any other lawful request made by Flurry staff, Site Services Shift Leaders or Venue Management and Staff.
- Stage/Sound — Help with sound setup on stages/rooms. Experience running sound boards at events a plus. Experience setting up, and breaking down bands. Must be able to move heavy objects.
- Stage Announcers — Make public announcements from various stages during Festival weekend, as requested by Festival Administrative Director.
- Workshop Rooms — Physical work: help set up workshop rooms for events: move chairs, tables, etc; Event “time-keepers.”
- Wait List — The “Stand-by” list of potential volunteers. Must be willing to work where needed. No placement guarantee. Please list cell number for “at Flurry” calls.
Questions? Contact: Volunteer Coordinator