Our Usual APPLICATION PROCESS:
Applications run from spring to fall (~June – November). Please read this entire page before applying, so you understand the process and what we are looking for.
NEW Application/Registration is required each year (keeps our records updated – thanks!). Groups are selected on a rolling basis. Notification on selections will go out, but please note that some may not be sent until January.
- We value performers/teachers who are willing and capable in presenting variety… for example, a dance band that is able to lead an instrument or singing workshop, or be included in a workshop such as “Fiddle styles” (a moderated panel of fiddle players across genre). Please list as many sessions as your group is capable of.
- We work with performers and teachers almost exclusively from the northeast. But, if you are outside the area and you envision a way to make it work or you might be on tour nearby during that week, we still encourage you to apply.
- If you have it, include video/audio of you in a live setting in your application.
TYPE OF EVENTS &/or WORKSHOPS WE NEED:
- DANCE BANDS — play for contra, squares, swing, blues, Latin, English country, Celtic, French-Canadian, cajun, zydeco, American and international folk dances (i.e. Indian, Middle Eastern, European, African, Chinese, Russian, etc.)
- DANCE INSTRUCTORS/LEADERS — for contra, square, swing, Latin, English country, Celtic, French-Canadian, cajun, zydeco, international folk dance, etc., . . . or something new!
- Hands-on “How-To” WORKSHOPS — in different dance genres, in music & instrument instruction (string, percussion, wind instruments, etc), in vocal/singing instruction, storytelling, body movement (yoga, improv), etc.
- FAMILY/CHILD, and TEEN-oriented sessions —in dance, music, storytelling, singing, body movement, concerts, performances, puppetry, etc. “Hands-on” events are always welcome for the younger set.
- PRESENTATIONS/DEMOS — of traditional music, song, dance, instruments.
- CONCERTS/PERFORMANCES/GROUP SINGS — for general audience, and/or children/family — as entertainment or group participation.
- OPEN MUSIC JAMS — for various styles such as Irish, old-time, English country, cajun, contra tunes, French-Canadian, blues, swing, jug band, etc.